St Brendan’s Basketball Club
St Brendan’s Basketball Club is a highly established club in Tralee, Co.Kerry. St Brendan’s Basketball club was founded in 1994 to cater for boys in the Tralee area.Over the years the club has grown from a small community based club to the thriving organization it is today. We currently cater for 200 boys in underage categories in the locality.
Our Progressive Pathway to Success
The Club consists of 3 distinct Sections catering for all age groups and all ability levels:
Academy Section 5years – 8 Years
Juvenile Section 8 years – 18 Years
Senior Section 18+ Years
“Pathway to Success Programme”
• FUNdamental • Fun and Participation – Learn all fundamental motor skills through our Academy of Basketball – Level 1 & 2
• Learning to Train • Fun and Participation – Learn fundamental the specific sports skills through our Academy of Basketball – Level 3 & 4
• Training to Train • Optimize Fitness preparation through our Club Structure (Players must be 8 years and achieved Level 4 in the Academy of Basketball to be recruited into the Club
• Training to Compete • Optimize Fitness preparation with specific training through our Club Structure
• Training to Win • Maximize the 5S’s – Skill, Stamina, Strength, Speed, Suppleness
• Retirement / Retainment • To enjoy a healthy, active lifestyle and retain for coaching / admin roles
The juvenile section of the club caters for children from age 8 to 18.
We have teams ranging from u-10s to u-18s. This year has been very successful with two teams in u-10, u-12, u-14 and u-16 and one team u-18. All teams compete in the Co League organised by the Kerry Area Board. We sometimes enter into the Cork leagues also.
We are very grateful and wish to thank all volunteers who give of their free time every week and also to the parents and players for their commitment. The Club has grown and is successful because of you! A special mention for Coach Charles O Sullivan. Charles works tirelessly and is involved with all age groups advising and encouraging them in every way he can. His energy and commitment is second to none. He is a valuable member of our club.
The senior side of the club is thriving due to the young talent advancing from the juvenile side of the club
In recent years the senior side of the club pushed forward with the making of a men’s team at National League Level in 2006 and went on to win the Southern Title and reach the All Ireland Semi Finals. . This advancement in the club gave the younger boys players which they could look up to and showed them the skill needed to play at national league standard. This team in the past 6 years has been made up of young Tralee talent, with some of the players being as young as 17 years of age, and more experienced players which make a great combination for a bright future for the club.